Team leaders / supervisors apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment. The end-point assessment is the final part of the new apprenticeship standards in the United Kingdom.
According to the standards:
A team leader/supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals.Institute of Apprenticeships
As part of their work, team leaders / supervisiors will need maths in the following situations:
- Project management – planning project lifecycles
- Finance – manage money, monitor budgets
- Time management
How the team leader / supervisor can pass Functional Skills maths Level 2
To be able to pass the Functional Skills maths Level 2, the team leader / supervisor should:
- start revising early. It is just too stressful to try and pass in the last months of the apprenticeship.
- plan to revise in small chunks. An online maths support tutor could help you with bitsize revision.
- get an accountability partner to help you stay the course.
- complete past papers and get someone to mark them and give you feedback.
Finally, good luck with the exam.